If your domain is available, you can register it for a period of time that you specify during the checkout process. You can use your domain to build your business and assist you in creating a dynamic online identity. You may also want to consider registering multiple domain names to:
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers to them instead of you.
- Promote the different products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your Web site.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to, and be listed on, search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies that reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you when searching the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from those who may have unsavory purposes.
To get started, you need to check if the domain name you want is available.
To Check a Domain's Availability
- Go to our Home Page.
- In the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain you want to register, and then select the domain extension from the list.
- Click Go.
If the domain you requested is taken, we present you with available alternatives.
If the domain is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. As you complete your registration, include valid contact information for each contact. ICANN, the governing body for domain names, requires valid information for your contact information (Registrant, Technical, Billing, and Administrative). If you enter false information, your domain is cancelled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois databases of most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by registering your domain with us using our ID protect registration services.